Gardening in November: The garden starts to retreat but there’s time to experiment – take cuttings or plant up pots with bulbs.
Perennials and bulbs
- Sweet peas can be sown outside but they do need some winter protection either under cloches or in a cold greenhouse.
- This is the absolute last chance to plant most spring bulbs but the best time to plant tulips. If there’s no room in the garden try putting some into containers.
Fruit and vegetables
- Plant out winter onion sets and garlic cloves.
- Plant soft fruits such as raspberries and blackberries. If you have cloches you can sow broad beans and peas.
- Keep an eye on Brussels sprouts and cabbages, and if birds find them delicious, cover them with netting.
- Try taking hardwood cuttings of deciduous shrubs and fruit.
- Crisp edges make a lawn seem tidier and fresher, even on dull winter days. When night time temperatures fall to near freezing and below, the lawn will stop growing so it’s worth cutting the edges now as they should stay trim until the end of winter.
- A very easy way to make leaf mould is to rake up damp leaves, put them in a bin bag with a few air holes and tie the top. By next autumn you should have magically produced crumbly leaf mould that can be used as a mulch.
If you are too busy to undertake these jobs – please do not hesitate to contact Cian of Lavin Landscape Gardeners.
Lavin Landscape & Garden Maintenance can keep your garden looking maintained and well kept all year round with our dedicated team based in North side Dublin. From a complete overhaul or a seasonal spruce up, to regular weeding, watering and mowing, our teams cover the Dublin area. All of our gardeners at Lavin Landscape & Garden Maintenance are trained and have valuable horticultural knowledge. They will leave your garden clean and tidy; furthermore we supply all of our own tools and remove any garden waste.
Work includes weeding, pruning, mulching, planting bulbs and annuals, spraying for pests and diseases and more. You can book a one-off garden maintenance visit or if you require regular work, we can organise a regular maintenance contract where the gardeners visit weekly, fortnightly or monthly throughout the year.
Our garden maintenance teams are meticulous in their work and passionate about gardening.
Call Now to Book Your Service!
Call us today on 01 8394444 and talk to Cian about what you want to get done. We’ll be able to arrange a viewing at your property, so you’ll get an onsite assessment of price, and be able to make your requirements known in person. Contact us here